Severe physical and psychological injuries may lead to lifelong chronic pain. Richard Edwards has handled numerous cases dealing with chronic pain, somatic symptom disorder, chronic regional pain syndrome, fibromyalgia and reflux sympathetic dystrophy. Through our experience with clients with chronic pain, we know how devastating these injuries can be. We will not only understand what you are going through, but will vigorously advance your claim in the face of disbelieving defence counsel.
Richard Edwards knows that your chronic pain injury is real and will prove it by using the best medical and scientific evidence available.
and see how we can help you
Edwards Injury Law -
Richard Edwards and his team not only care about you, but we have the experience and resources available to maximize your compensation. While treating you and injuries with the respect they deserve, we will invest the time and resources in proving your losses. We understand that proving your case can take time and do not believe in rushing the process for short term, quick compensation. Whether a successful resolution occurs in our offices or by trial in a courtroom, Richard Edwards is a personal injury lawyer who will personally go the distance for you.
Retaining a lawyer as soon as possible post-accident is extremely important. Richard Edwards will guide you through important first steps and provide critical guidance for the entire process. You have a 2 year limitation from the date of the accident to file a claim against the other party involved in the accident.
The initial consultation is always free of charge even if you decide not to proceed with opening a claim. We work on a contingency basis which means that we will deduct an agreed upon percentage of your settlement at the conclusion of your file. We will never charge you for any lawyer fees or disbursements while we are working on your personal injury claim.
• Yes, you have “Section B” benefits through your insurance policy that will cover your treatment for two years following an accident.
• There are time limits on opening a Section B claim through your insurance provider, so make sure you contact them immediately following an accident if you have any injuries/symptoms.
• Your insurance company will require you to complete multiple forms, including the Notice of Loss and Proof of Claim and Treatment Plan forms. They will also require written treatment recommendations from a doctor.
• When you retain Richard Edwards as your lawyer, he will help you through this process.
There are multiple options are available, including:
• Third-party disability insurance
• Disability insurance provided through employer
• Income replacement benefits provided through auto insurance company
• Employment Insurance (EI)
• Canada Pension Plan (CPP) Disability Benefits
• Alberta Income for the Severely Handicapped (AISH)
And get the legal representation you deserve