Looking for an injury lawyer? Use the consultation as a chance to determine if a lawyer is the right choice for you. Asking questions gives you a feel for how they communicate and allows you to gather information. Here are some questions to ask an injury lawyer in Calgary during a consultation.
The Consultation with an Injury Lawyer
Before beginning the consultation, you should ask a couple of questions. First, make sure the consultation is free. You should also ask the accident lawyer how long it usually takes.
The Lawyer’s Qualifications and Practice
Make sure the injury lawyer in Calgary is qualified by asking the following:
- Are you part of any trial lawyer associations or law societies?
- Who can I contact as references?
- Are there investigators, medical experts, and other team resources to help fight my case?
The Experience of the Calgary Injury Lawyer
An accident lawyer needs to be able to handle your case. Find out about their experience with questions like these:
- How long have you practised injury law? Is it your primary focus? How many cases have you handled?
- What kind of experience do you have with different adjusters, insurance companies, and legal counsel?
- Have you handled cases similar to mine?
Your Claim with an Injury Lawyer
You should also question the accident lawyer about your claim:
- Do you think I have a valid claim?
- What are its strengths and weaknesses?
- Do you think this case will be settled or go to trial?
- What’s your estimate for the settlement range I can expect?
These are some of the questions you should ask an injury lawyer in Calgary to help you find the one that’s best for you.
If you need help collecting compensation for an injury you’ve suffered be sure to contact Edwards Injury Law. Edwards Injury Law has successfully fought for the injured for over 25 years. Move forward with dedicated help from a personal injury lawyer, contact us today if you or someone you know has been in an accident or injured.