When an accident happens at work, workers should be compensated. It’s why a lot of businesses get coverage with Alberta’s Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB). Unfortunately, that is not always the case.
Many workers in Calgary find themselves getting injured on the job and are denied compensation. They are left to handle their recovery and medical fees on their own.
It why plenty of people hire a personal injury lawyer in Calgary to help them with their cases and ensure they receive the coverage they deserve.
How An Injury Lawyer in Calgary Helps Your Case
The goal of a personal injury lawyer in Calgary while representing the client is to ensure that they obtain their deserved compensation. They will be honest with you and provide you with an accurate assessment of what the case is honestly worth, so you don’t expect too big of a compensation.
Their tasks while representing the client include:
- Answer clients’ questions and guiding you through the workers’ compensation process.
- Assisting the injured worker with benefits, including appropriate medical care.
- Gathering information regarding the incident at work. The more information about the incident, the better the case will be.
- Gathering medical evidence and medical records about the client, and how the incident impacted them.
- Recording depositions of the claimant, physicians, medical experts, and other parties, such as co-workers, to provide a full scope of the events.
- Providing a comprehensive case for compensation and ensuring that the worker will be refunded funds.
In some cases, compensation cases for injuries can be sorted during a mediation. Your injury lawyer in Calgary will represent your case and will negotiate settlements on your behalf.
Unfortunately, in some cases, a trial will be the outcome. If so, your lawyer will support you with:
- Drafting pleadings, findings of fact, motions, briefs, opinions, and other legal documents to prove your claim is legitimate.
- Litigate cases before a judge in order to secure a favorable outcome.
- Providing you with the best support possible to ensure that your case is well represented in court.
In court, the case can go either way, so it is essential if you are looking to get fairly compensated that you hire a personal lawyer in Calgary to help you with your injury.
If you need help collecting compensation for an injury you’ve suffered be sure to contact Edwards Injury Law. Edwards Injury Law has successfully fought for the injured for over 25 years. Move forward with dedicated help from a personal injury lawyer, contact us today if you or someone you know has been in an accident or injured.